Asked by nads from Sri Lanka/ Australia PR | Nov. 02, 2014 11:01
About:Chinese Embassy in Australia

Australian permanent resident on a Sri Lankan passport - 7 days tourist visa?

I am an Australian permanent resident on a Sri Lankan passport who wants to travel to Hong kong on a L type with my boyfriend who is a British passport holder for a week.

Do i need apply prior? Is it VOA? if i have to apply, what is the quickest way to apply from Sri Lanka (I am currently on holiday in Sri Lanka)

Answers (1)
Answered by Nick from Kenya | Nov. 02, 2014 21:47
Nads, you need to apply in advance. The required documents are your passport, filled ID1003A form, a recent six months passport photo, travel itinerary and financial statement. Sometimes, the embass might require other documents. 

If the Chinese embassy in Sri Lanka deals with your application, you will receive it in four working days. If you are in a hurry, you may use express or rush service. You need to submit your application before 11:00 if you plan to use rush service and you will get it in the afternoon. However, if your application needs to be dealt with HK Immigration Department, you need to wait around a month. Also it costs extra 4000 Rupees.
Related Questions:
Hi I'm a Sri Lankan passport holder who is a Singaporean permanent resident...
Asked by Mr.Ismail from Sri Lanka
| Oct. 08, 2009 03:17
How to get vistors visa fast for a week - Australian Permanent resident on...
Asked by nads from Sri Lanka
| Nov. 03, 2014 00:22
transit visa issue?
Asked by Sheehan from Japan
| Jul. 30, 2017 22:40
Tourist Visa application for China in Australia
Asked by Asanka from Australia
| Feb. 08, 2013 03:02
Hi I am a permanant Australian resident for over 30 years but on a Sri L...
Asked by Mrs.Soraya from Australia
| May. 28, 2010 03:49
Transit Visa, what visa and documentation do I need?
Asked by di from USA
| Dec. 12, 2017 20:54
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)