Asked by Malcolm Fitzgerald from United Kingdom | Oct. 06, 2014 08:14
About:Hong Kong Travel

72 Hour Visa Beijing/Hong Kong

I am British nationality and flying from London to Peking and will stay 72 hours. I am then flying to Hong Kong for three days will I need to get a Chinese Visa I will be heading home via Thailand? Do I need a Chinese Visa?

Answers (3)
Answered by Elina from Spain | Oct. 06, 2014 21:38
No Chinese visa is needed for your case. Actually, you are eligible for the 72h visa-free policy. Upon landing in PEK, you can easily apply for a transit permit, with which you can have a tour in the city within 72h.
Answered by Malcolm from United Kingdom | Oct. 07, 2014 01:56
Hi Elina thanks for the reply-the confusion is my travel agent is saying I do need a visa because HK is classed as part of mainland China and I would therefore be in China 6 days-however all the reports confirm your thoughts and say this is not the case and HK is classed as an international part?

Just to confirm my itinerary is British Airways LHR-PEK(72 hours) Dragonair PEK-HKG (3 days) then Cathay Pacific HKG to Bangkok -Then BKK-LHR (although I have to change planes in HKG)
Answered by Elina | Oct. 07, 2014 02:04
I'd say that ur travel agent is not very professional. HK is surley a part of China, meanwhile it is regarded as an international area for airplane travels. Therefore, your route will be international - PEK - international, eligible for the 72h visa-free policy.

Just take it easy. You don't need to prepare visa at all.
Related Questions:
Looking to travel from Canada to Beijing- stay 3 days to see the city and g...
Asked by MC from Canada
| Jul. 31, 2018 18:56
Can I book a return plane flight from Hong Kong to Ganngzhou
Asked by David Dornan from Australia
| Sep. 05, 2016 20:24
We are NZ ers travelling back from London via Shanghai staying 76 hours do ...
Asked by Brenda from New Zealand
| Apr. 06, 2015 04:20
We are travelling from UK to Hong Kong then flying to Beijing for a few day...
Asked by Aud from UK
| Aug. 28, 2016 21:41
Can we come from Australia to Hong Kong with a connecting flight to Beijing...
Asked by Sylvia from Australia
| Dec. 28, 2016 21:26
Can I fly into Guangzhou and fly out of Hong Kong using a 72 hour visa
Asked by Brenton from Australia
| Jan. 15, 2018 19:26
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)