Asked by Lukas from Germany | Sep. 05, 2014 04:38
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

How large is the 72-hour transit visa

German Passport holder, I have two questions: I would like to fly from Thailand (BKK) to Shanghai, make use of the 3 day policy and then fly out to Malaysia or Singapore. Would this work or are the destinations too close to each other (same region) ? Also, do you know how much space in the Passport is needed, e.g. if a full page is needed for the 3 day transit permit or if it is just a stamp? My passport has only little empty pages left. Thanks for your answer in advance. Lukas
Also if it is OK that I am using different airlines, not sure how much of an requirement this might be.

Answers (1)
Answered by Fitch from Mexico | Sep. 05, 2014 05:00
It will not cause a big problem and personally speaking, you can enjoy the 72-hour free transit policy. However, before departure, you are still suggested to contact the immigration in Pudong airport for confirming.

It is just a stamp on your passport, so it will not cover a large space.

It is OK that you use the different airlines, but you need to show your onward ticket when applying for it.
Related Questions:
72-hour Visa-free Transit FAQ
Asked by Eugene from New Zealand
| Nov. 29, 2013 01:39
Nepali pasport can use 72hour free transit
Asked by Prakash Ghimire from Nepal
| Oct. 18, 2016 12:12
Can i apply for 72hour visa at hong kong airport
Asked by Ian wolfe from Australia
| Sep. 24, 2018 23:41
I want to visit Shanghai from Seoul - staying with family for 3 days.
Asked by Joanna Havenhand from S Korea
| Apr. 24, 2013 02:01
I am a Iranian. can I have 72hour visa?
Asked by Mohammed shamsi from Iran
| Jun. 22, 2016 22:23
If I fly from London to Shanghai then on to Hong Kong, would this qualify f...
Asked by mikey reece from United Kingdom
| Aug. 26, 2018 08:17
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)