Asked by khaled from Iraq | Jul. 02, 2014 18:43
About:Dual Nationality

What can I do to apply Chinese citizenship for my son?

I am British, my wife is Chinese,we bean mareed in china 4 years ago by chinese law last year i come to kurdistan/iraq for work. now we live in kurdistan region/ iraq and our son was born here in kurdistan/ iraq.

Now we want back to China with our son and will apply for his Chinese citizenship.and there is no chinese embassies in kurdistan region and iraq and my baby now only 28 days old we dont know what shud we do? how we gona take him to china with out any document ? or how we get some kinder travel document for him? the only document he have its a piece of paper the day burn in hospital writing som info in kurdish languge with his mother pasport number .

Answers (1)
Answered by Diana from Germany | Jul. 02, 2014 21:42
Khaled, your son automatically gains Chinese citizenship because his mother is a Chinese. you need to apply for a China Travel Document for your son if you plan to take him back to China. The application should be submitted to the Chinese embassy in Iraq. The materials include:
1. a filled application form for China Travel Document. You can sign the form on behalf of our son.
2. 4 passport photos taken in recent six months.
3. the birth certificate (both original and copy versions). You can get it authenticated by Chinese embassy because authenticated birth certificate is required when you regisiter his Hukou after you come back to China.
4. both you and your wife's passport and copies of both your passports' information page, visa pages.
5. marriage certifcate (both original and copy versions).
6. valid resident permit in Iraq (original and copy versions).

When you take your son back to China, you may go to the local PSB where your wife's Hukou is registered to apply your son his own Hukou. It should be together with his mother. Then you may apply him a Chinese passport.
Related Questions:
Applying for visa with dual citizenship
Asked by Farshid from USA
| Jan. 13, 2015 00:23
I'm getting tranferred to China Guangzhou.
Asked by Arvind from India
| Feb. 12, 2016 01:39
I am Chinese. My application for Singapore Citizenship was approved recentl...
Asked by Ms.Tina from Singapore
| Jul. 13, 2009 20:40
Application for an American citizen from Japan
Asked by P.a.f.l from World
| Jun. 13, 2013 22:32
If i have a relative that holds Chinese foreigner citizenship what type of ...
Asked by patrick from Namibia
| Dec. 06, 2016 01:42
im oversea chinese.if i work in china ,can i apply for chinese residence id...
Asked by Mrs.kathy from Philippines
| Nov. 09, 2009 19:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)