Asked by Juan from Colombia | Jun. 04, 2014 05:14
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Changing from a visiting L to a student-visa without leaving China


I'm planning to visit China on a tourist L and considering to enroll into a Language Centre to study mandarin for six months in Beijing. My questions then are,

1. If I decide to do so, how hard would it be to change my tourist L to a student X?
2. The language centre said they could help, but that they couldn't be 100% sure that I would be able to switch from one to the other. What is it dependent on?

Thank you for your help!

Answers (1)
Answered by Lori from Australia | Jun. 06, 2014 01:08
Hi, it is possible for you to extend your tourist L into a student X type at Beijing PSB without leaving. But as I know, the officers ask for Visa Application for Study in China (JW201/JW202) for application. So you are advised to contact the language centre first for this document.
The language centre said so because not every extension/application will be approved, and it is all up to the officer actually. Anyway, there is rare chance to get it refused if the lauguage center could help with admission letter and the JW form.
Related Questions:
Can I travel in Sep13 from Beijing to Xian on fast train without changing?
Asked by June from Australia
| Dec. 27, 2012 19:00
I have a studentvisa for Republic of Korea, where I am at the moment. I wan...
Asked by Mr.simon from Germany
| Nov. 13, 2010 03:18
How many times I can extend my L visa without leaving China?
| Apr. 29, 2015 02:06
Change from L visa to S?
Asked by Jon from USA
| Aug. 28, 2013 03:53
Tourist to business
Asked by Tassja from SA
| Aug. 16, 2018 00:01
I want to change my spouse/dependent visa to Z type.
Asked by Nidhi from China
| Mar. 17, 2015 02:43
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)