Asked by Heather from Ireland | May. 04, 2014 14:46
About:China Embasy in Ireland

Australian citizen on holiday in Ireland and needing a Chinese visa

My husband and I are visiting Ireland from Australia for a period of 5 months. On our return journey to Australia we are visiting Beijing. We have our accommodation booked. We applied for our Chinese ones in Australia before we left but were told that they couldn't issue our ones 6 months before we were due in Beijing.
As we are living in Ireland at the moment as tourists can we apply for ours in Ireland.

Answers (1)
Answered by Loren from Canada | May. 06, 2014 03:30
Hi, may I know how long will you stay in Beijing? because if you make this trip a transit, you can stay in Beijing without visa for a stay of 3 days (72 hour free transit). But if you want to stay longer, you have to apply for a tourist L in advance. As I know, it is very difficult to apply for it in a third country if you are not a resident.
Related Questions:
Australian citizen on holiday in Germany wanting to get a Chinese visa?
Asked by Mike
| Feb. 22, 2012 20:47
What visa requirements and other documents do I need before leaving New Zea...
Asked by SaharNZ from New Zealand
| Mar. 01, 2015 20:17
Total cost of visa for Australian citizen
Asked by carole from Australia
| Aug. 28, 2016 03:28
Can you fly into Shanghai airport and depart by cruise ship without having ...
Asked by Vicky Roberts from Australia
| May. 09, 2017 20:26
I wish to apply for new Chinese Visa while there. Can I do this?
Asked by Barry from Australia
| Apr. 29, 2015 03:57
I am an Australian citizen with a UK working holiday visa, am I able to get...
Asked by Ms.Adele from Australia
| Nov. 04, 2009 19:17
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)