Asked by Gabe from China | Apr. 27, 2014 05:02
About:China Private Visit Visa

Changing visa type - Z to S?

I have been living and working in China for nearly three years on a Z type. This summer I plan to quit my job and get a S type sponsored by my wife who's on a Z one - I'm American and she's French. I am eligible for the S1 type, correct? Is it possible to apply for the S one within China or will I have to leave? If I have to leave, can I apply for the S type from France, as my wife is French and we were married in Europe with a European issued marriage certificate?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mars from Australia | Apr. 29, 2014 03:14
Yes, you can request for S1 type if your wife is working on a Z. It is advised to apply for it in France in your situation. BTW, as I know, it is also possible for you to get a S2 type without leaving. I think it is worth to try even you will get a short duration of stay issued.
Related Questions:
I have been working in China for 2 years now with Z visa.
Asked by Adam from Singapore
| Jan. 11, 2018 00:09
dependent visa for spouse
Asked by andrew from Philippines
| Dec. 08, 2015 19:24
If changing from a student visa to a Z type, do i still need release papers...
Asked by Alex from China
| Jan. 22, 2016 21:55
How to change Work permit from current employer to new employer in Dongguan...
Asked by Sumit from China
| Nov. 19, 2017 21:56
Changing a job, how is the visa process?
Asked by Jasmine from China
| Feb. 14, 2016 19:30
Do Z-type and S-type visa requests require plane tickets and hotel reservat...
Asked by Scott from USA
| Jun. 20, 2014 02:08
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)