Asked by Brian Nutter from USA | Jan. 17, 2014 13:52
About:China Family Reunion Visa

k1 visa greencard holding wife returning for reunion with our China born US Citizen baby question

Hello, our baby was born in China in Nov 2012. My wife's K1 was issued after that. The baby's CRBA/Citizenship was done in Shanghai in Dec. of 2012 and was given a U.S. Passport. The both arrived in the U.S. in February.

My Wife doesn't have her citizenship yet or a U.S. passport, but is a greencard holder now. We attempted to get a visa for our baby as she holds a U.S. passport, but we were turned down as the Chinese want to issue a entry permit.

q1.) Is my wife free to jump on a plane and go to China with just her passport and able to return to the U.S. with just her Greencard?

q2.) It appears that my family must go to the Chinese consulate in NY in person to get the entry permit for my daughter (at least). I don't see any forms that we can fill out to take with us. Does anyone have an idea of how that process works or the timeline?

Answers (1)
Answered by Blake from Canada | Jan. 18, 2014 03:48
Hi, your wife is able to return to China with her Chinese passport without problem. But for your daughter, your wife should bring her to the consulate in person to apply for a entry permit from. The form can be got from the consulate. Actually, your daughter should be over 18 year old when she can apply for Chinese visa with US passport.
Related Questions:
Can Singaporean reside in China or stay at least 1-2 years?
Asked by Yen from Singapore
| Mar. 10, 2013 03:56
Chinese citizen/US PR traveling to China with US minor child
Asked by ye4jim from USA
| Mar. 11, 2018 22:46
American natural born baby with Chinese green card parent and US natural bo...
Asked by nuo from USA
| Dec. 02, 2013 20:33
Can my chinese wife invite my brother and sisters?
Asked by Shahzad from Pakistan
| Jan. 27, 2016 19:54
extending 60 day visa while in beijing
Asked by NH from United States
| May. 12, 2015 22:17
Visa for baby daughter...
Asked by Carl Sharp from USA
| Jan. 16, 2013 03:36
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)