Asked by Hira from Canada | Jan. 06, 2014 19:34
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

What do I do if i haven't registered at the police station?

I've got an apartment for a month in Shanghai and i was at first going to stay for 2 weeks because it was too fa from my work place and the person who sold me the apartment told me that i don't need to register cause i'll be here for only 2 weeks. But then I signed the contract cause i couldn't find a place close to work and when i went the register at the station the lady told me that i didnt have proper documents. There goes another week and and the girl never gave me the last paper for the document and now its 3 weeks and i'll be leaving in a week. So my question is that would i be fined for not registering at my first apartment but I will be registering at the other place.

Answers (1)
Answered by Edward from Switzerland | Jan. 07, 2014 03:30
Don't worry. You won't be fined. According to the regulations, you should register the real address where you stay at the police station. If you stay at the other place, you should register its address at the police station.
Related Questions:
If I go to China with Tourist visa for 2 months to visit a friend(she sent ...
Asked by SAM from Spain
| Mar. 23, 2017 21:43
If I am only planning to zip out of the airport for breakfast and take an a...
Asked by le from usa
| Oct. 11, 2013 02:59
If I fly from Kiev to Shanghai does the visa time begin from landing in Sha...
Asked by Philip Petridis from Australia
| Mar. 17, 2014 01:45
Using PSB in different city
Asked by Daniel from Canada
| Aug. 31, 2014 03:30
Stopover of 4.5 hrs
Asked by Aisling from United Kingdom
| Mar. 05, 2013 03:14
You mention that those staying in a hotel - will be registered at check in ...
Asked by DJ from SIngapore
| Sep. 19, 2016 21:18
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)