Asked by Steve from Australia | Oct. 08, 2013 18:15
About:China Visa

I wish to go to China for a holiday/meet up with some friends there

I wish to go for a holiday/meet up with some friends there etc after I have finished a work trip I am on in Jakarta (and therefore applying in 3rd country). I've been to China previously on a Business visa, however this trip is entirely for pleasure! I did read that someone was refused a Tourist L as they have entered on a Business type in the past. They were told "these are the new rules" that were introduced on September 1st 2013.

Anyone had this experience?

Answers (1)
Answered by Kyle from Canada | Oct. 09, 2013 03:21
Hi, this is not true. But according to the new regulations, S2 type is issued for private visit with invitation letter from your friends. In your case, you can apply for a tourist L directly with round-trip ticket and hotel bookings, so do not mention your purpose of visiting friends in the application form.
Related Questions:
hello and good morning.I am from Nepal.I wish to go to the mainland china f...
Asked by Mr.vijoy tuladhar from kathmandu
| Jun. 12, 2009 22:15
It's my first time to go Haikou. We were 20 participants of CATAS from 7 co...
Asked by Ms.marisa garcia from philippines
| Jul. 27, 2010 22:32
i have been to qingdao, shandong for almost nine months last year (March-De...
Asked by Ms.Gladdys Neri from Philippines
| Mar. 27, 2009 03:49
are roosters compatible with me??I'm a dog July 23rd, 94.
Asked by mitch from USA
| Feb. 15, 2014 00:48
What Visa will I apply if I go to China to visit some friends in Shanghai a...
Asked by Mr.Alikhan Maramba from Mars
| Mar. 23, 2011 03:40
I am a oversea Chinese and Chartered Engineer.
Asked by Tang Ung King from Malaysia
| Jul. 07, 2015 00:56
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)