Asked by Andre Johnson from United Kingdom | Oct. 03, 2013 23:33
About:China Visa Fees

Getting a new Visa after overstay

Hi, I overstayed in China, unfortunate circumstances, my passport and wallet were stolen, and I had to wait up to 4 weeks for my new passport to arrive from the British Embassy, and of course during this period my visa expired. I was told to go to immigration to sort this out, I did, paid the fine, and was told to re-apply for a new one in HK. I was given a temporary 10 day one. I decided to go home as that was the easier option, and I had enough of China at that point. Its been 2 years later, I was offered an internship in mainland, but when I went to apply for it, I was told that I need an invitation letter, is this a customary procedure, or am I just banned for 10 years, or is there some sort of appeal process?
Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated, as the laws have just recently changed?

Answers (1)
Answered by Elvis from Canada | Oct. 07, 2013 22:16
Hi, take it easy, the fact is that invitation letter is required for all applicants who visit for internship. So you should contact the company for invitation letter first.
Related Questions:
Application with one time overstay
Asked by Eric from Malaysia
| Aug. 08, 2016 22:27
hello sir, I paid an overstay fine in china.I am a Nigerian passport hol...
Asked by Mr.Anthony from Nigeria
| Oct. 28, 2009 20:24
overstay and duration
Asked by Mario from Holland
| Mar. 11, 2016 03:50
Dear Sir Hi...!!! This is Sunil from India. please sole my probl...
Asked by Mr.sunil from india
| Jan. 02, 2011 00:28
am an overstay applicant in china ,paying all required fine fee before my d...
Asked by Mr.orscah from nigeria
| Nov. 16, 2009 22:42
If my visa expires Feb 05 2017 and i want to leave on March 29th 2017
Asked by Noor from China
| Oct. 29, 2016 20:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)