Asked by Emma Galambos from Australia | Sep. 30, 2013 07:56
About:China Embassy in Austria

Australian citizen and resident applying for Chinese visa in Vienna or Rome


My partner & I have been travelling since 29th July on a world trip with a ticket booked from Rome into Gunaghzou on November 3rd.

We tried getting our visa for China at the embassy in Australia where we reside and are citizens of. The embassy told us our visa would not be eligible more then 3 months in advance, and we would need to obtain one in another country we were travelling through before reaching China.

We tried today in Munich but got strictly denied due to not being German residents or living in Europe for 6+ months. We can travel to Rome or Vienna to try get our visa but aren't sure if these embassies/consulates provide these services (we would probably also be looking at getting an express service)?

We're really not sure what to do as we had no way of getting our visa in our residential country as we have been away from it for 3 months prior to visiting China.


Answers (1)
Answered by Billy from Greece | Oct. 06, 2013 00:59
I am afraid not, because proof of legal status is required if you apply for it in a country other than your country of citizenship, just like what you were required by the consulate in Munich. So, you may need to apply one in HK or send back application to Australia.
Related Questions:
I got a australian visa can i come to china without applying a Chinese one?...
Asked by Mossy
| Jul. 14, 2013 03:39
As an dual national - can I submit my application in the uk
Asked by Neil from Australia
| Apr. 24, 2017 22:39
I'm an Australian Citizen applying for a Visa in China here in the Philippi...
Asked by Mr.Dom V. from Philippines
| Jan. 13, 2011 03:33
Australian applying for visa to china from hong kong. Am I able to do this...
Asked by Peter from Australia
| Mar. 25, 2015 04:05
I am on a Cruise stopping at Hong Kong then visiting Shanghai, do I need a ...
Asked by John Uhlman from Australia
| Jan. 12, 2016 20:22
can I get a visa to china upon arrival in Beijing or any other city such as...
Asked by Jennifer Bovard from Australia
| May. 28, 2018 01:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)