Asked by sam simkin from USA | Aug. 31, 2013 10:20
About:China Transit Visa

Do you need to apply in advance for a transit visa?

we will be traveling to Malaysia, but have 2 separate airline tickets - one to Shanghai (PVG), and another from PVG to Malaysia. The flight to Malaysia leaves within 7 hours of the flight to Shanghai, but because it is 2 separate tickets, they may not check our bags all the way through. If i have to clear immigration to get my bags, will i need to apply for a 72 hour transfer in advance, or can i do it at the airport?

Answers (1)
Answered by Serena from Australia | Sep. 01, 2013 03:59
In fact, you can tell the stewards that you want to enjoy the 72 hours free transit 30 minutes in advance before your flight lands at Shanghai Airport. Then your airline will inform the airport in advance. When you land at the airport, just go to the channel to apply for it.
Related Questions:
Do you need to apply in advance for the 72 hour transit visa or do you appl...
Asked by uk from uk
| Jul. 15, 2015 00:51
Malaysian citizen travelling to the Uk from Sydney, having to stop in Beiji...
Asked by Shashi from Malaysia
| Feb. 05, 2017 04:01
I'm a pilipino passport holder working in Hong Kong
Asked by Grace from Hong kong
| Jun. 13, 2015 00:52
i am an Indonesian citizen holding a valid B1/2 visa will fly from Bogota t...
Asked by Annie from Indonesia
| Nov. 23, 2016 20:54
Indonesian citizen traveling to Bermuda transit in china
Asked by Amry from Indonesia
| Feb. 03, 2017 00:00
I am flying Hong Kong to Beijing and then Beijing to the UK with a 3 day st...
Asked by Sarah from United Kingdom
| Mar. 08, 2017 00:00
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)