Asked by Bill from China | Jul. 25, 2013 21:11
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

Getting my wife and daughter here

I just got my 12 month Residence Permit today, and the PSB told my FAO that under new rules starting July 1, my wife and daughter will be given a Q1 or Q2 visa. If they enter on a Q1, the will get a RP for 1 month. If they get given a Q2, they can get a RP for 6 months, but it is up to the Consulate in the country they apply in as to which one they get. Is this true?

Answers (1)
Answered by Lori from Canada | Jul. 26, 2013 02:49
Yes, it is true. But as to my understanding,
Q1 - family reunion = longer residence permit
Q2 - short visit = one month stay
Did you misread the reply by PSB officers?
Related Questions:
It's my first time here in Hunan Province. How far is Zhuzhou to Changsha A...
Asked by Ms.Eunice from Philippines
| Jan. 11, 2010 20:49
I have done a medical check in China, can I use it to apply for a Z Visa in...
Asked by raquel from China
| Jul. 31, 2011 21:57
Requirement on getting visa for my children age 18 and 14 ( Tourist Visa) c...
Asked by Lolit Pabilan from China
| Jan. 23, 2015 00:55
Beef Noodle Soup Craze in Guangzhou
Asked by Christine from Philippines
| May. 19, 2015 03:13
Filipino working in Abu Dhabi who wants to get a tourist visa for mainland ...
Asked by rexlumabi from Philippines
| Feb. 25, 2018 20:34
As a UK passport holder can I get a visa whilst in Prague
Asked by Tony Mordawski from Azerbaijan
| Oct. 29, 2014 22:19
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)