Asked by farhat from Pakistan | Jul. 04, 2013 06:47
About:Hong Kong Visa Application

nature of visa required

hey there, I am from Pakistan. I want to attend a conference in Hong Kong and the duration of my stay will be one week max.
1. Will I need tourist type?
2. I have heard that China is not issuing it to Pakistanis currently. Is that true?

Answers (1)
Answered by Laurent from India | Jul. 05, 2013 01:56
Hi, HK and mainland PRC have different visa regulation, you can apply for a visit visa to HK through Chinese embassy in Pakistan. The application may need to be sent to HK Immigration Department for approval if necessary. But generally, the embassy itself can issue it within their right. For conference, invitation letter is required.
I don't think that what you said about no.2 is true, so don't worry, just submit your application to the embassy during their working hours.
Related Questions:
Hi, Need to know which type of VISA will be required for going to China,...
Asked by Mr.Nitish Gupta from India
| May. 04, 2010 21:15
IM attending a ASEAN Conference for social workers from Sempter 9 to 15, i...
Asked by Bagian Aleyssa Abdulkarim from Philippines
| Aug. 10, 2016 22:35
Arrive in Beijing at 14:40 on 14th Oct. and depart cruise ship from Tianjin...
Asked by John Kean from Australia
| Jun. 22, 2016 02:44
Kuwaity citizen is required visa ?
Asked by Salem from Kuwait
| Nov. 10, 2016 19:52
U.K. Passport holders disembarking in Shanghai for 2. Night stay before fly...
Asked by Sharon from Uk
| Dec. 15, 2016 21:06
I am starting my cruise in Shanghai..will spend three nights in Shanghai be...
Asked by Barbara Beaupre from USA
| Mar. 18, 2018 22:11
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)