Asked by Ranjeeta | Jun. 03, 2013 21:25
About:Embassy & Consulates of India in China

My passport is expiring in September this year. I am an MBA student in Shanghai

Obviously the address on my passport and my current address in Shanghai are different. what documents do i need to renew my passport? Which address proof do i need to submit? Also i have valid US visa and china student X on my passport - will this be carried over to the new passport?

Answers (1)
Answered by Dick | Jun. 04, 2013 04:30
Hi, Application for a new passport is required to be submitted at least two months before the date of expiry of the current passport. Following documents are required:
•Application form No. EAP-I.

•Original passport, current passport and additional booklets, if any.

•Four recent coloured (With white back ground) passport size photographs

•Photocopies of the first page, last page and the valid Resident Permit/Visa page

They will return your old passport when you pick-up the new one. As I know, you need to visit Shanghai PSB for transfer of the student X to your new passport.
Related Questions:
I am a UK passport holder enrolled on a two year MBA programme in China sta...
Asked by Mr.Smith from United Kingdom
| Jun. 26, 2010 03:16
Hello, I need some help. I am a student from china and study in Canada. M...
Asked by Mr.FU from China
| Jan. 20, 2011 02:03
Can my employer apply for a temporary residence permit while I currently ho...
Asked by Mel from Jamaica
| Sep. 19, 2016 20:14
Staying 10 days in Hong Kong for studies, do I need a Visa?
Asked by Rafael from Brazil
| Nov. 08, 2012 03:02
Can I just use my current passport and current visa when I visit or should ...
Asked by Myra from USA
| Oct. 17, 2013 04:00
JW202. I am studying in Ningbo .
Asked by hasan from jordan
| Jul. 01, 2018 22:11
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)