Asked by Tom Hobson from | May. 02, 2013 00:41
About:Chinese Embassy in Malaysia

I'm an Australian citizen seeking a Chinese visa from Sabah, Malaysia

Dear sir,
I m an Australian citizen, I live in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. I plan to travel for up to 6 weeks in july / August of this year (2013). Is it possible to apply for it from Kota Kinabalu? I also have a friend who i will be travelling with me - she is a South Korean citizen and lives in Kota Kinabalu also.
Also, I don't understand the regulations - can I stay in China for more than 30 days (with a 3 month visa) and is Hong Kong included?
Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Greta | May. 03, 2013 02:09
Hi, you both can apply there with your valid Malaysian visa. A single entry is valid for 3 months from issue date, but it only allows 30 days as duration. If you want to stay more than 30 days, you can apply for an extension. HK is not included, that is to say, leaving for HK from mainland counts an exit.
Related Questions:
We are Australian travellers seeking a Chinese Visa from Paris. Is that pos...
Asked by Scott C from Australia
| Jun. 04, 2011 03:16
I am from Sabah, where can i apply for the China visa? Is there any chinese...
Asked by Phyllis from Malaysia
| Feb. 06, 2013 00:14
where and how do i apply china visa in sabah?
Asked by Carol from malaysia
| Mar. 01, 2012 00:29
Hi, I get a new passport, but I have a valid Chinese visa in my old passpor...
Asked by Parwin
| Mar. 11, 2016 09:51
Hi, my whole family are planning to go China on April 2010. We are staying ...
Asked by Ms.Eliz from Malaysia
| Jan. 05, 2011 04:26
What is the cost of 23kg parcel to be send from Shanghai to Sabah, Malaysi...
Asked by Hou Yee from Malaysia
| Sep. 11, 2017 22:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)