Asked by Sarah from England | Mar. 08, 2013 02:32
About:China Embassy in U.K.

Chines Visa application for British national applying from South Korea


I was wondering if you could please offer me some advice?

I am currently living and working as a techer in South Korea and I am due to finish my contract on April 15th. I am a British citizen and lived in Britain all of my life before coming away to work in Korea for a year. I have booked my flight and planned to take a trip to Japan and PRC when I finish my contract. I fly to Japan on April 18th from Seoul and then on April 26th from Hiroshima to Shanghai. I will fly from Beijing back to England on May 9th. My flights are booked and paid for. My friend, who is also a British citizen and in the same situation as myself plans to do the same.

Yesterday when I started to prepare to apply for a Chinese visa I read that you have to have at least six months left on your Korean work visa. Mine will expire on May 4th so I do not have the required six months. I was not aware of this rule before I planned and booked my trip. I was wondering what can I do to apply for it as a tourist in these circumstances? Is there any way that I would be able to do it from Korea?

Or alternatively could I do it through yourselves or a UK travel agent and send my passport recorded delivery through the post to them to handle and process my application and then have them send it back to me in Korea?

Or would I be able to apply for it while I am in Japan?

Any help or advice would be most appreciated- thankyou!

Answers (1)
Answered by Martin from Canada | Mar. 08, 2013 03:12
Hi, it is impossible for you to get a Chinese visa in South Korea. Both sending back to UK through an agency and applying from Japan are ok in your situation. Be note that you are required to apply through a travel agency as well if you apply in Japan. So you'd better contact a travel agency there before leaving. My friend got visa there few days ago, but he had to book air tickets from the agency too.
Related Questions:
Do UK/NZ citizens need a visa before entering Hainan, or can we get one on ...
Asked by Leah from South Korea
| Jun. 16, 2012 01:55
China visas
Asked by Charlotte Court
| Oct. 17, 2012 02:37
Good day, I am a British citizen who is holidaying in south korea. i wan...
Asked by Mr.james turner from England
| Jul. 18, 2010 02:17
Tourist Visa requirements from South Korea (British Citizen)
Asked by Victoria from South Korea/ UK
| Mar. 09, 2013 21:19
Home address section: which address should I use?
Asked by Jack from Korea
| Jun. 30, 2016 03:29
Can you apply for an L visa in a country that isn't that of your nationalit...
Asked by Ali from United Kingdom
| Apr. 29, 2014 03:21
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)