Asked by Lena from USA | Jan. 25, 2013 19:31
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

Traveling from the US, specific dates unknown

Hi! I'm traveling from the US to Shanghai for the first time and am unaware of the protocol. The exact dates are not confirmed yet because I'm an accompanying my boyfriend who is traveling for work for about 6 months; It will probably be towards the end of March. We will probably travel to tourist locations during our 6 month stay. Which type of Visa should I apply for, where should I apply and when should I start the application process?

Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Monica | Jan. 26, 2013 01:36
Do you mean you want to stay in China for 6 months? the correct type for you is tourist L, it is issued with 30 days as duration, you can extend it twice at most with 30 days each. So, only 90 days. If possible, you may try to get a double entry tourist L visa instead. If you plan to visit in end of March, you can start application now. About where you should submit your application, you can check Consular Districts of Chinese Embassy/Consulates in U.S.A here
Related Questions:
is 2016 a good yr for couple with July 01, 1986 & July 15, 1987 dob?
Asked by Princess from Philippines
| Jan. 14, 2015 01:31
I plan to fly to Honk Kong often to visit friends as I am retired. Can I ge...
Asked by Ed from USA
| Oct. 31, 2015 03:33
More than 3 countries for 72 hour twov
Asked by JSG from USA
| Sep. 05, 2018 10:11
I have a plane ticket from Taipei to Shanghai and then onto NYC. Do I need ...
| Nov. 05, 2014 21:04
I would like to book a ticket with T69 on 6 October 2011 for 2 persons on s...
Asked by Gaeggeler Heinz
| Aug. 26, 2011 04:12
Hi, Can you help me with the specific trains/railways/stations/buses if ...
Asked by Mr.Jay from Singapore
| Nov. 03, 2010 03:33
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)