Asked by Natalia from Singapore | Jan. 15, 2013 17:52
About:China Embassy in Singapore

Canadian boy travelling to China

MY son is a Canadian citizen and he is living in Singapore on a dependent pass. He is going to visit his Aunt/Uncle living in Shanghai. Does he need a visitors visa? How long does it take to process the Visa.
Besides a passport, will he need any other documents confirming his visit? He is only 16, is it safe for him to travel alone? Thank you kindly for your response!

Answers (1)
Answered by Edward | Jan. 16, 2013 03:46
Visa is required for him to visit shanghai. The processing is 4 working days from the embassy or CVASC in Singapore. If he goes to China for family visit, an invitation letter from his Aunt/Uncle is required, as well as copies of their passport, work visa and residence permit in China. Don't worry, it is ok for him to travel alone.
Related Questions:
Do I need to carry my passport with me at all times?
Asked by SC from Canada
| Nov. 12, 2016 00:53
Can a canadian citizen travelling in thailand get a tourist visa for china
Asked by Tribawan from India
| Jun. 29, 2017 21:54
What is the cost of an L visa, I am a Canadian travelling to China (Beijin...
Asked by Mr.frank from canada
| Apr. 29, 2010 04:37
Travelling to China as a tourist for three weeks, is my valid Canadian pass...
Asked by Jim Johnson from Canada
| May. 15, 2011 20:46
Hi, I'm a travelling Canadian and visiting friend in Berlin. I'd like to tr...
Asked by Ms.Karen from Canada
| Jul. 12, 2010 03:49
Do I need transit visa in china. I am 14 year boy holding nepalese passport...
Asked by Suyagya Aryal from Nepal
| Jun. 18, 2018 22:26
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)