Asked by Matthew Kong from Canada | Dec. 05, 2012 13:58
About:Top 8 Reasons Why Your China Visa Gets Rejected

Transit visa in China Beijing Airport

Leaned on the news that start from 01 Jan. 2013 visitors from 30 listed countries are allowed to stop over free in Beijing for 72 hrs. I am a Canadian, on above said country list. I am scheduled to arrive Beijing Airport on 30 March 2013 at 4pm, stay approx. 48 hrs and depart from Tianjin on cruise ship on 01 April at 5 pm. Do we need tourist L in advance?
Furthermore, the ship will dock in Shanghai few days later after visited Japan, Korea for 10 hour. Do we need another transit or tourist visa?

Could the airline (UA) refuse us board the plane to Beijing if we do not have visa in advance?

Matthew & Mimi Kong

Matthew Kong

Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin | Dec. 06, 2012 02:30
72-hour visa free is for direct transit via Beijing Capital Airport only. If you will depart from Tianjin, you need to apply for a tourist visa in advance. And if your cruise will dock in Shanghai days later, you need a double entry tourist visa L.
Related Questions:
I am Pakistani National travelling from Australia to Pakistan and back via ...
Asked by N Z from Australia
| Aug. 14, 2018 18:54
Do I need a transit visa when in transit at Beijing airport for three hours...
Asked by Samuel from Ghana
| Sep. 28, 2013 03:12
Beijing and the Great Wall
Asked by Diana from United Kingdom
| Mar. 05, 2016 20:18
do I need a visa if I'm only a transit passenger in Beijing airport?
Asked by liza nuestro from United States
| Aug. 18, 2011 02:56
Do I need a transit visa to to stay in the sleeping rooms in Beijing airpor...
Asked by clare white from Netherlands
| Nov. 03, 2011 03:31
I am travelling to krasnoyarsk ,russia from India via Beijing.
Asked by Shivam from India
| Jun. 23, 2011 21:16
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)