Asked by Dan | Dec. 05, 2012 01:57
About:China Embassy in Nepal

Letter from friend in China


I have been trying to contact the Chinese embassy in KTM for 3 days now by phone. I am hoping maybe I can find some help through this forum.

My friend is working at a university in Cheng-du and he wants to write me a letter of invitation to help me get my visa in KTM. I am wondering what information he should include, if he needs to send the original letter to the embassy, and how the letter can help with my application. Also, what documents do I need for the application? I am applying as a US citizen by the way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers (1)
Answered by Karida | Dec. 05, 2012 03:46
The invitation letter should include the following items:
(1) Personal information of the applicant, such as name, gender,and date of birth.
(2) Purpose of the visit to China, travel itinerary such as date of entry and exit, places of visit, relationship between the inviter and the applicant, and who will bear the expenses of the applicant in China.
Besides, copies of inviter's ID Card is required if Chinese; Copies of passport information page, valid visa or residence permit in China if foreigner.
Documents needed are your valid passport, application form, photo, return ticket and hotel reservation is necessary. Sometimes, financial guarantees may be required as well if the officers deem it necessary.
Related Questions:
What does an invitation letter from a friend look like?
Asked by Tara from Canada
| Jul. 29, 2012 03:16
what replaces need for letter for visa application?
Asked by jenel from USA
| Mar. 19, 2013 21:41
Date matching and validity of visa
| Oct. 31, 2013 02:31
am ghanaina schooling in Ukraine what do I need to apply for visa
Asked by Philips from Ukraine
| Aug. 17, 2016 20:09
when visiting a friend for a period of a week in China , do i need an invit...
Asked by Arbie from Botswana
| May. 11, 2015 20:16
how I can get a tourist visa to go to Shanghai with my husband for our aniv...
Asked by Magalie from usa
| Aug. 13, 2015 17:48
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)