Asked by J from USA | Nov. 21, 2012 07:35
About:Chinese Permanent Residence Permit

Chinese born American Citizen

Hi, I was born in Beijing and lived there as a Chinese citizen until age 6- I moved to the US with my parents and I automatically became a US citizen as a minor after my parents naturalized. I would like to move to study to study and work indefinitely and was wondering if my being born there gives me any special advantage in securing a permanent residence card?

Answers (1)
Answered by Elliott | Nov. 22, 2012 01:49
If your former nationality was Chinese, you need to write down your Chinese name in the application form and submit the original Chinese passport and the photocopy of the information page of the passport when you apply for a Chinese visa. It is easier for you to get one if the documents are well prepared. However, it is very difficult for you to get a permanent residence permit.
Related Questions:
Record of citizen at birth forfeit Chinese citizenship?
Asked by Azrael530 from USA
| Jun. 05, 2018 20:22
I am a Chinese-American born in China. I just became U.S citizen about a ye...
Asked by Mr.Will Wang from USA
| Mar. 08, 2011 20:22
American citizen, Q2, enter before 2028
Asked by Ming from USA
| May. 30, 2018 02:51
I am an American born citizen, I want to move to China.
Asked by Timothy Hartman from America (USA)
| Jun. 17, 2014 19:01
Chinese visa expires on April 11th 2015. Can I leave China on May 11th 201...
Asked by Ming Kiang from USA
| Feb. 12, 2015 03:04
Can an American Citizen get a Chinese Visa in India?
Asked by Randy McIntosh from USA
| Sep. 21, 2012 00:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)