Asked by Michael Jefferson from United States | Nov. 16, 2012 13:54
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Do I need a Invitation Letter

I am a American citizen and my Wife is a China citizen and she also has a permanent Residential Card. We have travel to and fronm China for the past 7 years and I have not had to obtain a "Invitation Letter" before. We usually go to visit her family during the Festival season or special family gatthering like weddings.

She informed me that now I have to obtain a "Invitation Lette" in order to obtain a Visa for my trip I am planning this coming January. Is this True?

Answers (1)
Answered by Hayden | Nov. 17, 2012 01:18
That may be true. As I know, there is a new policy towards Chinese passport holders who have permanent residence permit in foreign countries, they have to apply for permit to go back to China from July 1st, 2013. If you are going for family visit, you can ask it from her or her family.
Related Questions:
Do I need a letter of invitation if I stay at a hotel?
Asked by Corliss from Canada
| Aug. 22, 2017 01:10
Business visa for Sri lankans
Asked by Dasis Kottage from Sri Lanka
| Apr. 11, 2017 03:51
applying for tourist visa / do i need invitation letter?
Asked by Nancy from USA
| May. 15, 2013 02:36
Is An Invitation Letter Essential For Applying China Tourist Visa ?
| Mar. 01, 2015 21:15
I want to visit to attend the canton fair in April. I got my e-invitation. ...
Asked by Naveen Singal from India
| Feb. 17, 2013 02:47
where do i get the application forms? am in uganda
Asked by winnie from Uganda
| Dec. 02, 2016 21:28
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)