Asked by Working from Woman | Sep. 19, 2012 19:58
About:China Work Visa

Women's/Worker's rights in China?

I have two questions:
1. My husband is applying for a work visa, sponsored by his employer in Shanghai. I will follow as his spouse, but can his employer decide not to sponsor me, just because I'm pregnant? Or, can they drop him?

2. I am looking for employment and understand any company that offers me employment would have to convert my visa into a work Z, but, can they legally deny me employment based on my being pregnant? I know that's a question on the visa application questionnaire. To protect myself, I would inform them of my situation once a job offer is made but I'm afraid, even then, they would drop me.

Answers (1)
Answered by Kyle | Sep. 20, 2012 04:15
Hi, it depends on your employer actually. But the reality is that most employers would consider this as a problem before signing the contract, to Chinese as wll.
Related Questions:
how do I get visa to china
Asked by Mrs.Masupha from Lesotho
| Feb. 15, 2009 00:06
How can I find out about the legal rights of foreign teachers to go to hosp...
Asked by Maria from CYprus
| Oct. 07, 2012 20:04
Was her name Meinang?
Asked by Mr.Patrick R from Canada
| Feb. 27, 2011 00:47
Hello, i.m coming to shenzhen in april 17 2014, and where Can i Buy a good ...
Asked by Shabir from Denmark
| Jan. 23, 2014 20:40
hi when booking a trip to china through a travel agent. does the tourist...
Asked by Ms.murphy from canada
| Jan. 21, 2009 19:59
i am a phillipine in australia.i want to go to china but i want to know if ...
Asked by Mr.papa from china
| Jun. 23, 2009 05:22
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)