Asked by Manuel from Mexico | Sep. 14, 2012 01:36
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

Chinese Visa after divorced

I married over 6 years, got 4 times 'L visa', and latest two where 'Residence Permit' (family visa). Now, we are planning to divorce, but we have a 3-years old baby, and I obviously I want to stay in China with her for years to come.

Can a foreign spouse divorced from a Chinese national get Residence Permit, or any kind of visa for that matter, to keep in China to visit relatives (my daughter). Technically my daghter still my relative, and despite divorced, I still her father (I appear as her father in her Chinese birth certificate).

Answers (1)
Answered by Baul | Sep. 14, 2012 04:13
Hi Manuel, it is ok for you to apply for the family visit visa to my understanding. The birth certificate can be a support. But you'd better visit the local PSB in person for the official confirmation. BTW, your previous China L visas are helpful as well, at least you are able to apply for lone-term multiple entry L visa.
Related Questions:
I am British in China with q1 visa. We have a son born in china.
Asked by Tom from China
| Oct. 18, 2016 22:29
Change of visa from marriage to student
Asked by David from SA
| Oct. 31, 2018 22:55
will I get the right amount of money/security due to me this year from my h...
Asked by guest from u.k.
| Jul. 05, 2013 03:40
My DOB is 28 Jan 1967.
Asked by Aris from USA
| Jun. 24, 2014 02:02
My birthday is 12-18-1991 I'm married will I get divorced?
Asked by Jodi from USA
| Sep. 12, 2013 03:18
Was my marriage never meant to be?I was born Sept. 21st 1976, he was born M...
Asked by Rachel from United States
| Jul. 20, 2017 21:23
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)