Asked by Zoltan from USA | Sep. 06, 2012 04:05
About:Chinese Embassy in U.S.A.

Permanent Resident Alien in US/German Citizen in Oregon needs Visa

I have three questions:
1) I have been invited by a research group at the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Wuhan to attend the opening ceremony of a genetic Stock Center. It's a business visit combined with some sight seeing (I assume). Which visa type do I need? Visa L?
2) I am a German Citizen residing in the US (Oregon), do I apply as a German Citizen or as a Permanent US Resident (Green Card)? What Documents do I use: the German Passport AND Green card or just one or the other?
3) It appears I have to travel from Oregon to San Francisco just to get the Visa. What other options do I have? Can I get the Visa in Oregon?

Answers (1)
Answered by Luke | Sep. 07, 2012 01:05
You need to apply for an F visa if for a conference. You need to apply with both your German passport and US green card. You have to submit your visa application to Consulate General of PRC in San Francisco if you reside in Oregon. If you do not want to go in person, you can entrust others or a travel agency to handle this on your bahalf.
Related Questions:
Singapore permanent resident needs to apply for visa for 10days stay in chi...
Asked by Eric from Singapore
| May. 08, 2012 22:48
what are the requirements to visit macau?
Asked by rodalyn from Canada
| Oct. 23, 2015 22:05
UK passport holder lives in US with a permanent resident alien card. How do...
Asked by guest from USA
| Nov. 16, 2012 03:17
Permanent resident alien in the United States
Asked by Mr.Hugo from USA
| Oct. 04, 2010 22:56
Do english language marriage documents (notarised) need to be translated in...
Asked by Hans Oostergo from Australia
| Dec. 15, 2015 19:37
Am I eligible to apply for a Chinese business visa here in Seoul?
Asked by Jens Haetty from Korea
| Oct. 26, 2011 02:35
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)