Asked by Charles M. from USA | Sep. 03, 2012 20:06
About:China Embassy in U.S.A.

Information needed to obtain a tourist visa to visit family in China

We are planning to visit our daughter, son-in-law, and grandchild in the last 2 weeks of October of 2012. We will fly from Chicago to Beijing to meet them, visit the Great Wall, travel to Xian to see the T. Warriors then fly on the their city (Xining) and staying with them for the rest of the 2 weeks visiting. They are American students in Xining. At the end of the 2 wks we will fly to Beijing and then back home to Chicago. Besides the Visa application, photo, application fee, and our valid passports what else is required to obtain the tourist visit. We have booked e-tickets for the flight to and from Beijing. Do we need some kind of invitation letter? If we apply on a weekday morning can we get the visa in the afternoon since we must travel from down state Illinois to apply?

Thank You, Charles M.

Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin | Sep. 04, 2012 03:22
You need an invitation letter from your daughter, together with copies of her passport, student visa and residence permit in China. For visa processing, you can use rush service so that visa will be ready in the afternoon on the same day.
Related Questions:
I want to have a Visa to Visit China ?
Asked by Sackor Lansana
| May. 29, 2013 03:35
i want to visit your country, how i i obtain information regards on tourist...
Asked by Mr.BENSON from JAMAICA
| Dec. 12, 2009 20:21
Hi Im a Filipino passport holder and have a working visa here in SA and wis...
Asked by Ms.Olis from Philippines
| May. 09, 2011 04:33
Student visa query
Asked by Student from United Kingdom
| Dec. 14, 2014 01:56
what medical documents are needed to obtain a work visa for china
Asked by pat from uk
| Aug. 23, 2015 21:57
partner (not legally married) for S1 Visa to live in China for 2 year peri...
Asked by Mam from USA
| Feb. 03, 2017 02:54
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)