Asked by Susan from USA | Sep. 03, 2012 16:32
About:China Visa Application in USA

Travel to China by cruiseship

I will be emabarking on a cruise in Hong Kong on April 11, 2013. I'm aware I don't need a visa for HK but need one for China. The ship will be at Tianjin port for 3 days and we will travel to Beijing for a 3 day/2 night private tour. We will then cruise to Baoshan port for Shanghai on April 25, 2013. We will do a one day tour in Shanghai and get back on the ship as it continues travel to Japan and ultimately Alaska. I will be applying in Los Angeles. Do I need a multiple entry or double entry visa? How far in advance should I apply? Will I need more than a copy of air confirmation from LAX to Hong Kong and proof that we're on a cruiseship? We want to do same day service and need to make sure we've got everything necessary with us when we apply .

Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin | Sep. 04, 2012 03:36
You need a double entry China tourist visa. Double entry visa is valid for 6 months from issue date, so you can apply in December or later if you will visit China in April 2013. The travel itinerary, or a cruise ship's route is required.
Related Questions:
Do we need a visa to visit town and if so how much?
Asked by Helen from Australia
| May. 12, 2015 02:03
72-hour visa exemption cruiseship to airport?
Asked by Andrea from USA
| May. 30, 2015 21:56
Transit Air travel to Cruise ship, enjoy policy?
Asked by Steve from Bali
| Aug. 14, 2014 01:50
24 hour direct transit
Asked by Ali from Norway
| Jan. 03, 2017 21:34
Flying in to Shanghai and leaving on a cruiseship
Asked by Lone from Denmark
| Nov. 21, 2016 19:21
Visiting China on a cruiseship
Asked by Jan-Arild Knutsen from Spain
| Oct. 26, 2013 02:24
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)