Asked by maria from USA | Aug. 20, 2012 23:22
About:FAQ of China Visa Application
Can I use return home permit to enter china from U.S.?

I was born in HK and hold a HKSAR passport and return home permit. I live in U.S. and want to travel to beijing. Can I use return home permit to enter China? Or do I need to apply for a L visa?

Answers (2)
Answered by Aimee | Aug. 21, 2012 04:55
You need to apply for a China tourist visa for this trip.
Answered by Adam from US | Feb. 28, 2013 13:17
I used to fly to Shanghai from United Kingdom every few weeks . I used my return home permit every time no problem at all....the only problem i had was the airline ground crew did not know about "return home permit" and keep asking why there was no Chinese visa on my passport (I used British passport so I don't think you would have the same problem as me) and took me 15 minutes to explain.
Related Questions:
I hold a Canadian Passport, HK ID Card, and Home Return Permit. Do I need ...
Asked by Amanda
| Jul. 26, 2011 02:06
I have dual citizenship of US and Hong Kong. I plan to fly directly from U...
Asked by Mr.Kwong from US
| Mar. 20, 2011 01:21
Visa query - going to China from the UK
Asked by Lee chung
| Dec. 07, 2014 21:52
Do I need a visa to go to Beijing or I can use "Home Return Permit Card"
Asked by David from Canada
| Jun. 15, 2011 20:01
I was born in Hong Kong, and holding a HK ID and passport. I also hold a Re...
Asked by Mr.Mang from USA
| Feb. 05, 2011 03:19
Can we use Home Return Permit before 1 month of expiry date?
Asked by Khan from Hong Kong
| Feb. 05, 2014 02:17
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)