Asked by Emma Louise from Ireland | Aug. 05, 2012 20:02
About:Chinese Embasy in Ireland

Australian Resident, Irish Passport

Myself and my fiance are Irish citizens with Irish passports but are currently residing in Melbourne, Australia where we are residents on 457 work sponsored visa. We are returning to Ireland next week to get married there. We will be in Ireland for a total of 2 weeks. We are going to Hong Kong on our honeymoon on the way back to Australia and would like to apply for a visitor visa for mainland China (for shopping/tourist purposes). We are planning on applying for the Chinese tourist visa from Ireland. We will send our passports and completed documents off as soon as we get back. Is there any additional information we need to supply? Our Australian visa'a are electronically tagged to our passports but we do have the email confirming that we hold Australian 457 visa. Should we supply this in addition?

Answers (1)
Answered by Frank | Aug. 06, 2012 03:48
If you plan to apply for your China visa in Ireland, I son't think your Australian visa is necessary. You may just provide the following: one completed visa application form, two-way flight ticket, one recent photograph for passport, passport valid up to at least six months with blank pages.

One thing to reminder you that China Embassy in Ireland doesn't provide mail service for visa application. You have to go to the visa office in person or entrust a reliable travel agency.
Related Questions:
my German client is flying into shanghai/china for 2 nts only, does he app...
Asked by Brett from Australia
| Oct. 18, 2012 04:11
I'm a UK resident (living in England) but have an Irish passport. Is there...
Asked by Mr.Alan from England
| May. 08, 2009 03:41
Northern Irish in need of a Student Visa.
Asked by Megan from United Kingdom
| Jul. 26, 2012 22:56
My wife is a chinese citizen and needs to renew her passport. What I.D does...
Asked by A. Chamberlain from Australia
| Dec. 11, 2017 21:31
Do I need visa to Hongkong as I want to visit hong kong 5 days?
Asked by Huong
| May. 29, 2013 04:37
Do I need visa to visit Hong Kong for 5 days, including 1 day in Macau?
Asked by JAVIER from Australia
| Jun. 30, 2011 20:55
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)