Asked by MP from USA / Denmark | Jul. 11, 2012 16:27
About:China Transit Visa

Danish transit in Beijing on way to Russia


I live in the US and hold a Danish passport / I am Danish citizen. I am traveling to Siberia and Chukotka (Russia) in a few days via Beijing. Time between flights while in PEK is 13 hours. I have my tickets to fly onto Russia + I have my visa to enter Russia. Will I be allowed to go out of airport to visit Beijing City in the 13 hours I am there?

If yes, I assume it is on a Transit 24-hour permit.. anything I should know to be prepared for to obtain this?

(PS I did actually try for a visa but my travel plans were just made last weekend, and I was informed that China have announced they will not rush process passports of European citizens, so out of luck on that one.)

Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin | Jul. 12, 2012 03:46
You can apply for a stay permit at the airport. It is simple to get with your passport and onward ticket.
Related Questions:
Is there any way to get from Beijing to Vladivostok (Russia) by train?
Asked by Carlos from Spain
| Oct. 28, 2015 20:36
Traveling from Denmark - Beijing Airport - Manila with Air China
Asked by klaus lund from DenmarkT
| Jul. 28, 2013 22:50
I am flying from Melbourne to Beijing and then straight away by transit fro...
Asked by Mrs.Kouchnareva from Australia
| Jun. 28, 2009 22:20
I wish to fly to Yekaterinburg in Russia via Beijing. What is the quickest ...
Asked by Mr.Michael Garlick from Australia
| May. 03, 2010 02:09
72-hour Visa-free Transit in Beijing to stay 1 to 2 days
Asked by Yoshiko from Japan
| Nov. 28, 2014 20:48
144h Visa question
Asked by Thomas Flindt from Denmark
| Jul. 20, 2018 05:26
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)