Asked by Mark from USA | Jun. 08, 2012 09:47
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

Changing to L visa to Z visa

So I'll be in Beijing on a L Visa traveling in and out of China for two weeks. Then after those two weeks I start teaching at a International school in China. How do I go about getting a L visa and then a work Visa? Do I have to leave China and apply for a work visa?

Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin | Jun. 09, 2012 03:20
According to China visa regulation, you need to apply for a Z visa outside of mainland China. But it is possible to change an L visa into Z visa within China, say if through visa agency. But if you have already planned to go out for two weeks, you can apply for a work visa Z in HK by yourself. Time is far enough. So, better leave China (on L visa) with documents required from your employer and related departments.
Related Questions:
what is the difference between a L-VISA and a Z-VISA
Asked by craig from sweden
| Mar. 04, 2012 00:31
Chinese Work visa to Chinese Tourist Visa
Asked by Anna from China
| Feb. 21, 2012 22:20
I have been working in China for 2 years now with Z visa.
Asked by Adam from Singapore
| Jan. 11, 2018 00:09
May I extend a double entry L visa to an X (extending it from the second e...
Asked by Francisca Becerra from China
| May. 22, 2011 00:51
Process a Chinese L Visa into a Chinese Z Visa
Asked by Kim
| Aug. 21, 2012 03:17
Hi if I get an invitation letter from China do I need to produce tickets an...
Asked by Mpuni from South Africa
| Feb. 13, 2017 21:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)