Asked by Jen from USA | May. 21, 2012 09:58
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

When to apply to renew?

I am in Xinjiang. I was given an L visa for 30 days, I came in on May 17 but my return flight is July 1st. I want to apply for an extension as I know I will go passed my 30 day visit but since I will be traveling all over Xinjiang and have no idea when I'll be back in Urumqi, I want to get my extension tomorrow. However if I do that, adding another 30 days on top of May 22nd only lets me stay till June 21st. What should I do so that I can return home safely on July 1st?

Answers (1)
Answered by Melissa | May. 21, 2012 21:17
Hi, Jen, the policy says that you can apply an extension 10 days before your 30 days duration expires, so you can apply on June 6th. In this way, adding another 30 days on top of June 6th, you can stay till July 6th.
Related Questions:
renew student visa
Asked by Tommy from Thailand
| Jan. 12, 2015 03:04
application for dependent visas?
Asked by tina from Philippines
| Jan. 21, 2013 01:07
Applying for Chinese visa before renewing passport with 7 months validity -...
Asked by Jenn from Malaysia
| Feb. 06, 2015 03:41
can i apply for renew my tourist visa in singapore?
Asked by vishal from India
| Jul. 08, 2011 22:02
renewal of HKSAR passport
Asked by sin yee from USA
| Feb. 28, 2017 21:30
Can I apply for s2 visa for my wife and 2 kids myself at the psb in Beijing...
Asked by Darren from Ireland
| Aug. 23, 2016 20:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)