Asked by Alex from UK in Malaysia | May. 18, 2012 14:10
About:China Embassy in U.K.

Applying for a Chinese Tourist Visa outside of the UK

I am a UK citizen on holiday in Malaysia at present. I wish to obtain a Double Entry Visa to the Chinese mainland for the purpose of tourism. It is possible to apply at the CVASC office in the capital of Kuala Lumpur? I note that holder's of foreign passports who don't hold either permanent residence or work permit documentation may not be able to apply. Is this correct? It appears that in the UK non-UK passports holders must be more than just simply tourists to be able to obtain in the UK an L category Visa for China. The same condition seem to apply for other non nationals applying for Chinese visas whilst abroad.

Can a UK national apply for a Double Entry Tourist Visa from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the P.R.China in Hong Kong?

Answers (1)
Answered by Linda | May. 20, 2012 03:12
I'm afraid it's impossible for you to apply for a China visa in Malaysia being a tourists there, since citizens from a third country other than Malaysian are required to provide the original and a copy of his or her permanent residence or work permit which should be valid for at least 6 months to assist the visa application. You are right that you can change to apply for the China visa in HK.
Related Questions:
Is it cheaper to go in person rather than applying by post for a 30 day tou...
Asked by Barbara from USA
| Jun. 29, 2017 21:52
UK passport holder applying for chinese visa in turkey - where and how?
Asked by Richard Wielebnowski from Turkey
| Dec. 21, 2017 19:40
What are the document required for applying as tourist for hk?
Asked by Mycel from Philippines
| Mar. 23, 2016 22:07
It's necessary to have bank account in applying tourist Chinese visa?
Asked by Maria from Philippines
| Feb. 24, 2017 19:58
Fee for a polish and a Romanian citizen applying for a Chinese visa in the ...
Asked by Christine from United Kingdom
| Mar. 15, 2013 01:43
Can I apply for a dual entry tourist visa when I first apply for it outside...
Asked by Bill Dickson from Australia
| Feb. 27, 2014 01:07
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)