Asked by Jaey from Australia | May. 03, 2012 01:23
About:Chinese Consulate in Brisbane

I am a HK ID card holder but my card is not the new IC chip one. HOw do I upgrade the old ID card?

I am a HK ID card holder but it is the old one. Pre 2003. I want to upgrade to the new IC Chip ID card. How can I do this in Australia?

Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin | May. 03, 2012 01:56
This can not be done in Australia. If you want to replace your old identity card, you should make an appointment for the application at any of the Registration of Persons Offices within 30 days of your return to Hong Kong. If you are unable to apply in person, you should send your application by post to:

Registration of Persons General and Statistics Unit 12/F,
Immigration Tower 7 Gloucester Road Wan Chai,
Hong Kong

If required, you can appoint a representative to handle your application on your behalf.
Related Questions:
I hold an old HK ID card an have not gone back to HK for around 9 years. I...
Asked by Mrs.Lum from Australia
| Jul. 09, 2010 02:47
Lost my Hk ID card but remember the ID#, can I renew one in Vancouver?
Asked by Ms. Chui from Canada
| Mar. 14, 2012 22:58
can I get a visa to go beijing for 5.days or 6 days?
Asked by shara ghani from hongkong
| Feb. 04, 2016 01:36
I am a us passport holder and my Hk ID card expired. How can I apply the s...
Asked by Kitty
| Oct. 16, 2012 03:42
can i new my old hk permanet id card to new hk smart card at vancouver chin...
Asked by v tham from vanada
| Mar. 21, 2012 21:08
Apply for "home return" permit in the U.S?
Asked by chau from USA
| Jul. 17, 2013 04:27
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)