Asked by Jason from Korea | Feb. 10, 2012 00:38
About:Chinese Embassy in South Korea

Can I get an F Visa(I have Letter of Invitation) even if I have less than six months left on ARC?

I have been invited to be a visiting scholar(F Visa) from a university in Shanghai and I have the Letter of Invitation. I finish my current teaching contract in Seoul on Feb 29 and plan to fly to China on March 1st. My Alien Registration Card expires on April 1st. I heard that the 6 month ARC rule only applies for people wanting to get tourist visa..
Can I get the F Visa even if my Alien Registration Card will expire soon?

Answers (1)
Answered by Jacob | Feb. 10, 2012 03:02
You can't get F visa because your Alien Registration Card will expire soon. The 6 months ARC rule applies for all aliens who work or study or reside in Korea.

To check the information, you can call the China embassy in Seoul or the designated travel agencies to make enquiries.
Related Questions:
Hello, I received an M-visa to do some training activities for a specific c...
| Mar. 21, 2015 01:46
what is meant by authorized Chinese departments
Asked by abbass from United States
| May. 30, 2011 04:49
Do I need to apply for a new Visa again or can i use back the previous pass...
Asked by Alex Newman from UK
| Feb. 19, 2014 03:49
Can I get a tourist visa to China with less than four months validity on my...
Asked by Ms.Tristan from USA
| May. 28, 2010 02:37
I need to apply for a business visa for travel to China (F Visa, 6 months v...
Asked by Mr.Eoin from Ireland
| Feb. 09, 2011 22:14
I am hoping to get a six month F visa for a consultation service. The univ...
Asked by Mr.Akash from India
| Sep. 09, 2009 20:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)