Asked by Janet Gray from Canada | Feb. 07, 2012 18:23
About:China Tourist Visa

Can I get a Chinese Transit Visa to get out of Beijing airport to visit the city?

I am travelling from Melbourne to Toronto, via Beijing. I have a whole day in the airport. Can I get a visa to just for out of the airport for one day?

Answers (1)
Answered by Jacob | Feb. 08, 2012 03:39
Now, owing to the upcoming 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China, I don't know whether you can get a 24 hours stay permit when you arrive in Beijing airport or not, in 2011, it was possible for Canadian to get a 24 hours stay permit in the airport, then they can leave the airport to visit Beijing. At present, the visa rule becomes strict. You'd better obtain a single-entry transit visa in advance.
Related Questions:
Traveling from Canada to Pakistan on Pakistani passport. Do I need a transi...
Asked by Muhammad Irfan from Canada
| Jan. 19, 2018 03:54
Can I get a VOA Visa to visit Beijing at the airport in shanghai where I a...
Asked by Tate from australia
| Dec. 18, 2013 00:02
Do I need to claim my luggage?
Asked by David from France
| Jan. 12, 2017 00:41
I have a 15 hr layover in Beijing, 5:30 Am to 8 PM (march end)
Asked by Madhur from India
| Dec. 30, 2012 02:59
I am traveling to India from Houston in August and I have a 15hrs lay over ...
Asked by sally from India
| Jul. 29, 2014 21:15
Hi, I am an Indian passport holder with US green card living in New York.
Asked by Farhan from USA
| Nov. 09, 2015 20:55
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)