Asked by Raymond from Kenya | Jan. 15, 2012 07:08
About:Chinese Embassy in Kenya

Visa requirement to visit a family member in China

Dear Sir / Madam, My daughter is studying in South China University of Technology (SCUT) in Guangzhou, and I would like to send her sister to visit her during the holidays which will begin next week, from the 17th of January, 2012. Would you let me know the procedures for obtaining a visa, and other requirements? I will sponsor the trip and any other expenses.

Answers (1)
Answered by David | Jan. 16, 2012 00:44
Your daughter needs to apply for a tourist visa to visit her sister in Guangzhou and the application should be submitted to China embassy in Kenya AT LEAST TWO WEEKS before the date of travel. The embassy officers will then process the visa. The visa requirements include: applicant's passport; one passport photo; visa application form V2011A; invitation letter from your daughter in china with a copy of her China resident visa and data page of her passprt; probably round-trip air ticket; other deemed necessary requirements by the consular officers.
Related Questions:
how many family members at a time to visit their employed member with z typ...
Asked by FRANCIS B.OCANG from Philippines
| Jan. 24, 2018 00:03
HI, my wife is Chinese , i have plan to visit china with her, how can i get...
Asked by khan from United Kingdom
| Sep. 06, 2016 20:48
Kindly advice on what type of visa I need for a short visit to a family mem...
Asked by Ene from Nigeria
| Sep. 25, 2013 02:41
Landing Visa in Hainan
Asked by Cassy from Hong kong
| Sep. 27, 2017 20:56
Do you have to submit a ticket or invitation letter ?
Asked by Nilakshi Mohanlal from China
| Nov. 01, 2015 20:21
If there is family funeral in China, could the family member travel without...
Asked by D C from Canada
| Sep. 21, 2014 22:28
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)