Asked by B. Lee from Canada | Jan. 01, 2012 14:23
About:China Embassy in Canada

What are the requirement, procedures & costs to renew/apply for Hong Kong Smart ID Card and Passport

I was born, raised and lived in Hong Kong for 28 years before I immigrated to Canada 35 years ago. I still have the old HK ID card and Birth Certificate.
Am I qualified to renew/apply for the new Smart ID Card and HK Passport through the Embassy in Vancouver?

Your prompt reply will be appreciated!

Answers (1)
Answered by David | Jan. 02, 2012 00:26
If you are still a Hong Kong citizen, you are qualified to apply for Hong Kong smart ID card and Hong Kong passport through China embassy.
You need to submit the following documents to China embassy or consulate in your dwelling country to renew the ID card and passport: Hong Kong passport application form ID843; payment form ID853;
photocopy of your Hong Kong ID card; 3 recent passport photos; Hong Kong smart Id card application form ROP143/ROP144 and 2 35X 29mm photos.
The embassy will charge CAD65 as service fee. The other fee is charged by Hong Kong government and I'm not clear about it.
It takes about 4-8 weeks to process Hong Kong passport and ID card.
Related Questions:
I am a Hong Kong resident and have HK id card, how can I apply for for my w...
Asked by guest from HK
| Jul. 21, 2015 04:06
To update my Hong Kong ID card (Asked by Elaine)
Asked by Elaine from Canada
| Nov. 15, 2011 21:50
can I apply for a H.K smart card in Canada?
Asked by Jeanie from Canada
| Oct. 28, 2011 04:20
Would I Apply the Hong Kong Smart ID Card in LA China Embassy Consulate in ...
Asked by from United States
| Aug. 12, 2011 21:03
enquiry for hong kong id card for children born outside of hong kong
Asked by j. sung from Canada
| Sep. 27, 2012 04:06
Please advise what procedure to apply the HK SAR passport in Toronto?
Asked by Shirley from Canada
| Jul. 27, 2012 02:29
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)