Asked by Luis Goncalves from Portugal | Nov. 08, 2011 07:07
About:China Transit Visa

Transit of less than 24 hours

I will stopover in Beijing from Frankfurt to Manila for 6.30 hours and I would like to visit the city center meanwile. I read somewere that I do not need to apply for a trasit visa, just need an authorization issued at the airport. Is this correct?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mij from canada | Nov. 08, 2011 18:31
I flew from Bangkok to Vancouver with Air China last week (28 Sept/11) and had a 9 hour lay over in Beijing.
My husband and I were allowed to leave the airport for up to 24 hrs. We had no visa.
It was very easy, no problems at all. We travel on Canadian passports. We had time to catch the train into Tiananmen square, visit the Forbidden city, and back to the airport with a couple hours to spare.
Related Questions:
Do I need a visa for a transit of less than 24 hours in Beijing in transit ...
Asked by Lolita from Panama
| Sep. 13, 2017 21:42
south african passport holder with uae working visa travelling to thailand ...
Asked by little traveller from South Africa
| Sep. 07, 2014 03:46
Flying Melbourne to Osaka via Guangzhou, is visa required?
Asked by Tania from Australia
| Feb. 21, 2018 15:05
Cruise ship arrives for Beijing stays less than 24 hours, sails to Shanghai...
Asked by Harley from United Kingdom
| Nov. 02, 2017 21:57
Filipina to transit in china (CAN), from Manila, for going to UK
Asked by Claricce Anne from Philippines
| Sep. 26, 2016 22:21
can a person from any country transit by sea less than 24 hours and get vis...
Asked by roger fabray from Australia
| Nov. 26, 2016 02:08
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)