Asked by Lyn from France | Oct. 16, 2011 16:31
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

We arrive in China on 4/12/11 and depart on 3/3/2012 - as tourists.

What type of visa would we need to apply for without getting into trouble - when we booked our air tickets we calculated from the date we enter 4th Dec 2011 - 4 January - 4 February - 3 March = 3 months, however if you calculate according to days, this goes just over 90 days. do we apply for multiple entry with 6 months validity or double entry with 6 month validity? Unfortunately you cannot apply for a Chinese visa without the airticket, hotel, insurance etc. so if there is a problem we have to pay to change our air tickets. Please advise urgently. Lyn

Answers (1)
Answered by David | Oct. 16, 2011 22:33
My personal thinkings for your reference.
There is no need to apply for multiple or double entry visas, for you are coming to China once. The more entries you apply for, the more you need to pay.
The concern of your visa is the duration of stay, which is calculated by day, not by month. A single-entry usually allows one to stay in China for 30 days, which doesn't mean it's definitely 30 days. The maximum duration of stay for a single entry is 90 dys. But it is difficult in obtaining one. You may tell the visa officer that you plan to stay longer in China and make your best effort to get the longest duration of stay.
After entering China, you can also extend the visa for more days of stay just before it's going to expire. Usually, each extension allows more 30 days of stay, sometimes longer and sometimes shorter, based on the situation. A single-entry visa can be extended at most twice within China. FYI:
If you are still worry about it, cnsult te embssy directly to see how they deal with this situation.
Related Questions:
Visas for cruise liner passengers [Greg and Dawn - Brisbane]
Asked by Greg and Dawn from Australia
| Feb. 07, 2017 01:44
Hong Kong, mainland China and Macau
| Nov. 25, 2013 00:48
Hong kong-->macau--->Guilin via hong kong airport-->home
Asked by Emilie from Weibull
| Sep. 18, 2012 02:12
Can two groups of tourists having one group visa enter to china from two di...
Asked by Zabardast from Iran
| Apr. 15, 2012 04:03
We will be on a Beijing tour on March 2011, is it possible to submit the do...
Asked by Mrs.Rona from Philippines
| Dec. 28, 2010 01:42
We are New Zealand citizens & will be staying in Shanghai for 4 days a tour...
Asked by Craig
| Jul. 27, 2013 02:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)