Asked by Kay from Hong Kong | Sep. 25, 2011 10:44
About:China Embassy in Sri Lanka

importing used car in HK to SL

I am a Sri Lankan, Hong Kong permanant resident who is workng Hoin Hong Kong. I want to obtain a car permit to import my used car in HK to SL, under the gift scheme. As I am presently on vacation in SL, can I get my supporting personal documents required for the same, authenticated, by approaching the Chinese/Hong Kong Embassy in Sri Lanka, in person?

Answers (1)
Answered by David | Sep. 26, 2011 01:13
I'm afraid no. You may contact the embassy directly for further confirmation. Address: 120/4, Vidya Mawatha, Colombo 07, Sri Lanka; In Office Hours: Tel: 94-11-2676658, Fax: 94-11-2688611
Even if it is possible, it will take much time. Applying for a Hong Kong visa through China embassy in foreign countries takes about 4 weeks. The time needed to obtain the necessary documents for exporting cars should be no less.
But you may get the documetns needed to import cars into Sri Lanka right now from Sri Lanka side if they are requested.
Related Questions:
Hi from Thailand , Plan to go to Lijiang , Shangri-la during Apr 9-17. W...
Asked by yong from thailand
| Mar. 02, 2015 19:19
I had a Hong Kong octopus card with me,and not been used for a long time
Asked by Allan lim from Philippines
| Dec. 19, 2014 19:45
Is there other currency used in macao or hk dollar can be used?
Asked by joy from India
| Sep. 16, 2015 22:41
taxi from Tiger Leaping Gorge to shangri la and next day back to lijiang
Asked by roman from germany
| Mar. 19, 2015 03:49
Where do you have used car and spare parts market in Hong Kong
Asked by Dozie from Nigeria
| May. 12, 2015 21:10
Is there a SL consulate in Shanghai? and what is the contact details?
Asked by yamini from New Zealand
| Oct. 31, 2011 04:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)