Asked by Lilian from Mexico | Sep. 24, 2011 06:18
About:China Embassy in Japan

Im going to Hong Kong and Macao but I´ll be in Shanghai for transit, Do I need three visas?

One visa for China (Mainland), one for Hong Kong and one for Macao. I will flight from Tokyo to Hong Kong (making conection in Shinghai) then, I will go by boat from H. Kong to Macao. So, I only have my flight ticket from Japan to Hong Kong... I am going to buy my boat ticket to Macao in Hong Kong.

Now I am studen in Japan.

Answers (1)
Answered by David | Sep. 24, 2011 21:26
You are allowed to stay in Shanghai airport transit area for up to 24 hours without a visa with the connecting air ticket to Hong Kong. If you'll leave the airport or stay there for more than 24 hours, you'll need a transit visa.
Mexico passport holders are allowed to stay in HK for up to 90 days without a visa as a tourist.
Mexico passport holders are also allowed to stay in Macau for at most 90 days without a visa as a tourist.
Related Questions:
im now in china and next month ill go to japan and the return to china... ...
Asked by Mr.gilad from israel
| Jul. 30, 2009 04:20
From Shanghai Pudong Airport to Shanghai Disneyland
Asked by Jaime Dominguez from United State
| Jan. 22, 2017 21:22
i am going to hong kong for three days but will going to guangzhou for a da...
Asked by tayo from usa
| Oct. 10, 2015 22:56
do I qualify for the 144 hours visa free transit?
Asked by arnelyn from Hongkong
| Sep. 14, 2016 02:17
hi im from the philippines, im going to macau this august ill be staying f...
Asked by Ms.julia from philippines
| Jun. 03, 2009 04:32
Hi! Im Argentinian and I want to visit CHina. Ill stay in New zeland for a...
Asked by Mrs.eliana from Argentina
| Aug. 14, 2009 21:13
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)