Asked by Gian from Philippines | Aug. 25, 2011 00:42
About:Embassy & Consulates of Philippines in China

Can I stay in China with a residence permit if my visa expires?

I am a Filipino with Student (X) Visa valid only for three months. I am informed that I must obtain a residency permit within thirty (30) days of arrival in Beijing. I need to stay in China for two years to complete my study. After receiving my residence permit, does it mean I also have to renew my visa before it expires or does the permit already serve as my visa?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from United States | Aug. 26, 2011 04:23
After receiving your residence permit, it serves as your visa, you don't need to renew your X visa. In fact, X visa is only a transitional visa, it only permits you to stay in China for 30 days, you have to obtain a residency permit within 30 days after arrival in Beijing. Once you get the residence permit, it serves the multiple entry China visa. You can exit and enter Mainland China for many times.
Related Questions:
Applying for a new vis before my original visa expires
Asked by Tom from Ireland
| Nov. 06, 2017 20:09
Im in Shanghai, my z visa/residence permit expires next week. Can i get an ...
Asked by Chris from USA
| Jul. 20, 2014 04:12
My residents permit is about to expire, when should I leave?
Asked by Katy from China
| Jul. 10, 2017 20:45
What is the minimum validity of residence permit to enter PCR?
Asked by Guest from Nepal
| Mar. 08, 2017 00:35
Is my wife eligible to get China Spouse Visa in 2011 September?
Asked by AG from China
| Jul. 09, 2011 01:56
I am currently attending school in China and have a temporary resident perm...
Asked by Ms.Smith from China
| Dec. 13, 2010 20:06
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)