Asked by Avelon from Australia | Aug. 19, 2011 20:16
About:China Embassy in Malaysia

I'm Malaysian, do i need to apply visa or 10 days visit in Hainan Island?

I am a Malaysia citizen and hold Malaysia passport. I plan to visit Hainan island in Feb 2012 for 10 days with my wife to visit (self guided tour and not through tour group). Do i need to apply visa? If visa is needed, could i apply when i arrive on Hainan island?

Answers (1)
Answered by Kyle from China | Aug. 20, 2011 22:07
You'd better apply for China tourist visas in advance. If possible, you can apply for it in Malaysia or in Australia if you currently reside in there. But if you travel to Hainan Province as a group organised by International Travel Agencies that have been set up and registered in Hainan Province. Visa is not required and the stay is limited to 21 days within Hainan Island.
Related Questions:
Do I need a visa to visit Hainan Island, I'm Malaysian
Asked by Jamie
| Feb. 13, 2012 05:48
I am going with my family of 5 to Hainan Island in end November 2010 for 7 ...
Asked by Mr.Alvin Chiang from Singaporean
| Sep. 27, 2010 03:40
Applying visa for Malaysian in Taiwan
Asked by KiKi from Malaysia
| Sep. 16, 2016 21:29
I am Malaysian & my wife is a Singaporean. We are going to Hainan Island fo...
Asked by Mr.Neoh CL from Singapore
| Feb. 07, 2011 01:34
Malaysian tourist visiting Hainan Island less than 15 days, is it require t...
Asked by Wong wee yock from Singapore
| Oct. 09, 2014 04:40
I am from Malaysia and is looking to go to Hainan Island for holiday. Do we...
Asked by Ms.dimple gamgee from Malaysia
| Dec. 13, 2010 20:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)