Asked by Fabiola from United States | Aug. 08, 2011 20:31
About:China Embassy in U.S.A.

My husband is chinese, and we are planning to move to China, what type of visa do I need?

Hi, I lived in the United States but my nationality is Mexican, what type of visa do I need in order to go to China with my husband?

Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin from China | Aug. 09, 2011 02:27
You can apply for a L visa to enter China first. If you want to stay in China for longer time, you can change the L visa into a longer-term family visit visa or a residence permit at your husband's local PSB. You are allowed to live in China for one year and the visa or residence permit can be extended at said office in China. For details, you can refer to
Related Questions:
i want to visit my husband who is currently working in china what type of v...
Asked by tom from bangladesh
| Aug. 27, 2016 03:22
What type of visa do I need if I want to move to China and open a resturant...
Asked by Forrest
| Jan. 13, 2012 20:47
My husband and I are planning to visit Beijiig China from Canada. What docu...
Asked by Patricia Adam from Canada
| Jan. 11, 2018 00:21
hi, i am planning to travel around china for 6 weeks and then move on to th...
Asked by Ms.anna from northern ireland
| Sep. 21, 2009 04:47
Can I get Transit L type at Shanghai Airport on Arrival?
Asked by yakshi yadav
| Aug. 14, 2017 21:26
am planning to visit beijing china with my husband on our anniversary for f...
Asked by Ms.SARAH from Viet Nam
| Jan. 23, 2011 21:01
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)