Asked by Mr.SUJA15 from Bangladesh | May. 26, 2011 12:17
About:Chinese Embassy in Bangladesh

What will be the "main purposes for your your visit" in the visa form for attending IEEE conference?

I have to go to china on 11 june for presenting a paper in the "International conference on micro/nano optical engineering". Today I went to embassy and I filled up the main purposes as "Other- for conference. I had the Chinese invitation letter from the conference committee (which is soft copy, mailed by them). But in the embassy, they asked for hard copy and talking about some local govt. letter. I think they thought the conference as a governmental conference, but is for only educational purposes. So what will be the "main purposes for visit" in the visa form? Attending this conference is very important for my study. What should I do now? Please reply soon. Thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from China | May. 27, 2011 21:19
In fact, you can click "Meeting" as the Major Purpose of your visit to China on the visa application form. You need to apply for Business Visa, the hard copy of invitation letter from the conference committee and the original invitation letter from an authorized government office, such as Foreign Affairs Office. The conference organizer should apply the official invitation letter from the Foreign Affairs Office.
Related Questions:
My brother and I are going to hongkong on sept. 23 to 29, 2009. we have bee...
Asked by Mr.Gerry from Philippines
| May. 21, 2009 21:34
how to obtain visa from belize
Asked by cam from Belize
| Feb. 27, 2014 02:02
Sir, My name is Humayun Pervaiz Mughal, resident of Pakistan and I want ...
Asked by Mr.Humayun Pervaiz Mughal from Pakistan
| Oct. 06, 2009 03:37
Hello, I'm a Malaysian applying for single-entry visa to China in attend...
Asked by Mr.Max Lam from Malaysia
| Feb. 19, 2011 00:53
I would like to visit t Hongkong for attending a conference from 30 th Nov ...
Asked by Prof. Tinku Basu from India
| Nov. 08, 2013 03:25
what is best hotel to stay in a good price(3 star) in Harbin for 3 days
Asked by ankur from China
| Jan. 08, 2012 22:13
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)