Asked by Ms.Rachel from USA | Apr. 11, 2011 11:53
About:Chinese Consulate in New York

Hello, I am originally from HK. I have a id card and a green card. My HK passport has expired this April. I need to go back to Hong Kong in June. Can I apply a "PCR Travel Document" to go back to Hong Kong first , and then renew my passport in Hong Kong ? I know renewing passport in US takes at least 1-2 months, and I can't wait that long. If I can get a PCR Travel Document, thing will be much easier. I hope to hear feedback from anyone of you soon. Thank you very much.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Mike from USA | Apr. 11, 2011 22:04
Travel Document of People's Republic of China can only be used to go to Mainland China for HKSAR passport holders who doesn't have Home Return Card. You can't use PRC Travel Document to return to Hong Kong. Please renew your HK passport in US
Related Questions:
can I apply for a H.K smart card in Canada?
Asked by Jeanie from Canada
| Oct. 28, 2011 04:20
I am 17 years old. Can I still get a single entry VOA for shopping in Shenz...
Asked by Philliy from Hong Kong
| Jun. 15, 2015 21:28
payment by visa card , visiting chinese consulate in houston
Asked by chawala from USA
| May. 16, 2012 22:19
can I get a visa to go beijing for 5.days or 6 days?
Asked by shara ghani from hongkong
| Feb. 04, 2016 01:36
(Ahmed) Requirements for Chinese Multiple Entry Tourist Rush Service 12 Mo...
Asked by Ahmed from Afghanistan
| Jul. 25, 2014 21:14
I am a Hong Kong resident and have HK id card, how can I apply for for my w...
Asked by guest from HK
| Jul. 21, 2015 04:06
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)