Asked by Ms.Kate from Ireland | Apr. 01, 2011 08:22
About:China Visa

Hi, I am an Irish citizen hoping to travel to China and study for approximately 2-3 months. I would like a multiple entry visa (F?) but will be travelling for approximately 5 months before I reach China. What is the best way to apply for a visa given that there is an "Entry Before" Date. Can I specify the date issued when applying from Ireland?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Ivan from Ireland | Apr. 03, 2011 03:11
I'm afraid that you have to change your travel itinerary, you will be issued a single entry F visa for 2-3 months study in China, it is only valid for 3 months, but you will travel for about 5 months before you enter China, it expires before you go to China.

The option 1: you can first travel for 5 months, then return to Ireland to apply F visa for studying in China. It is impossible for you to get a multiple entry F visa for just 2-3 months study.

Option 2. you can apply F visa one or two months before you enter China at the country where you are travelling.
Related Questions:
Hi, I'm an irish citizen traveling asia, I am currently in Vietnam and wish...
Asked by Ms.Fiona from Ireland
| Jul. 22, 2010 01:32
Can I apply for the toursit visa for China by post?
Asked by Enda from Ireland
| Nov. 21, 2014 19:43
Hi, I am an Irish passport holder and will be in transit in Shanghai airpo...
Asked by Mr.Peter
| Apr. 15, 2011 04:06
Hi there, I am an Irish citizen. I am travelling to Australia & New Zealan...
Asked by Ms.Anna from Ireland
| Jun. 18, 2009 23:05
I am an Irish citizen living in Korea. I want to travel to Beijing in Feb 2...
Asked by Ms.Judith from Ireland
| Oct. 20, 2010 02:06
Do i need to apply for a certain visa to enter China?
Asked by andrew kinlan from Ireland
| Jan. 28, 2013 02:36
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)